Twitter

Friday, March 18, 2011

For Japan with Love




http://www.forjapanwithlove.com
{an amazing effort that is providing relief in a practical way}

As I watch my twitterfeed, it's amazing how in the midst of personal drabble, updates from celebrities, and other non important updates - CNN reminds me of the devastation a world away. Pictures stop my heart and I'm reminded how it could be us. That the baby found alive and reunited with her family is only one out of many not saved and it could be my own. That the grandparents who passed away when being transported from their nursing home could be my own. As tragedies ravage other countries, the reminder is that America is not safe in a bubble. If it were my family, who would help us?

Prayer. Finances. Moral support. May we reach out to those who have lost so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment